Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor
- Full Time
- Date Posted: 5th March 2019
- Reference: 801201
I am currently working on a fantastic opportunity to work for a fit-out main contractor, based in the North West of England. The company has a great reputation for their innovative ideas and the quality of their projects which has led to a strong customer base.
Our client is a market leader within the leisure, non-food & food retail sector, working with a number of the UK's major retailers. This opportunity will be working on main contract projects, up to £10m. They have a good organisational culture, with a support structure in place to rely on when needed.
The role: (under guidance of senior’s)
- Cost Control of fast paced projects
- Control of the projects starts at the very beginning from putting together the initial estimate through to final account.
- Regular communication with clients in regards to live projects.
- Provide regular assistance to other members of the Commercial team.
- Attend Tender Adjudication Meetings.
- Ensure that Tenders are submitted accurately, efficiently and with the correct costs and related mark-up.
- To manage project and commercial risk, ensuring that financial performance meets or exceeds our own targets.
- Protect the Commercial portion of the company at all times by ensuring that Applications for Payment and Final Accounts are submitted at the minimum levels permitted under the contract, ensuring that these are maximised and that timely payments are received assisting the companies cash flow requirements.
- To provide guidance and support during the Tender process on issues including contract conditions, Scope of Works, insufficient detail which should be brought to the attention of the Managing Director.
- Maintain effective relationships with client QS.