- Full Time
- Date Posted: 21st February 2019
- Reference: CA6541
Compass are currently recruiting for a Junior Buyer / Commercial Assistant, to work on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave, contract length approximately 9 months.
Our client is a well-known house builder, who deliver some fantastic housing schemes across Yorkshire. You will be playing a key role in assuring the Commercial department runs smoothly.
Experience working within the housebuilding industry is required as you will need to have good product knowledge as the role will require purchasing construction materials.
The role will involve:
- Invoice checking against purchase orders, resolving queries with suppliers and passing to accounts department for payment once coded
- Monthly invoice query report - distribute to commercial department and accounts department
- Re-orders for Site Managers for plots not legally completed
- Preparation of site call-off orders including bulk orders
- Create and issue weekly 'Material Re-orders' report - distribute to Commercial Team, Construction / Regional / Managing Director
- Hiring / Off-hiring of plant / site accommodation / welfare units when required
- Preparing and sending out tender enquiries for new developments
- Service bills for Sales department - Issue to Sales Co-ordinator
- NHBC plot registrations and payments
- Creating / issuing memos on behalf of commercial department to Site Managers --- Preparing of letters and CDs for tender enquiries
- Assist with answering telephones when Receptionist unavailable or on annual leave
- Weekly lunchtime reception cover
- Cover incoming post duties when Receptionist unavailable - open, date stamp, invoice stamp and distribute accordingly
- Take / Field calls for commercial department as a whole
- Drive the HUB system with both office and site staff
- Site Manager drawing copy requests
Working hours: 8-4.30 or 9-5.30