- Full Time
- Date Posted: 18th March 2019
- Reference: 899955
Compass Resourcing are currently searching for a skilled and confident Estimator to join our clients expanding Commercial team in their Preston office. Our client are a main contractor who pride their work within the build and refurb of Commercial, Education, Health, Residential and Leisure sectors.
- Meet the estimating requirements of the designated projects.
- Close liaison with the contracts management to ensure that the project meets all financial and regulatory requirements
- Presentation of bids in line with data obtained from site
- Re-negotiation of pricing for equipment or materials where appropriate
- Ensure the sound financial accuracy of designated tenders
- Maintain close working relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
- Liaison with the Chief Estimator to discuss improvements to processes and procedures
Key Skills and knowledge:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the estimating process
- Good construction knowledge
- Understands engineering principles
- Good numeracy skills
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Negotiating skills
- Good IT skills
- Analytical thinker
- Good attention to detail
- Methodical and organised
If you are a skilled and loyal estimator with a great background in the Education, Commercial, Healthcare, Residential and Lesiure sectors then this is certainly the most ideal role for you.