Goods In Administrator
- Full Time
- Date Posted: 15th April 2019
- Reference: 899806
Our Client is a family owned enterprise consisting of 4 trading companies providing manufactured shopfittings and installation services into the retail, banking and grocery markets on a national and international basis. These four divisions have a combined turnover of £40m.
An opportunity exists to join a motivated and enthusiastic administration team of 5 in a busy and fast moving warehousing and assembly operation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform all elements of the computer bookings necessary to capture and record all activities carried out within the assembly and warehousing operation. These include Goods Inwards, customer returns, and stock movements, collation of assembly components, picking and despatch.
- Effective communication/ liaison with warehouse operations team to ensure all tasks are issued to the shop floor with the correct paperwork and in time to meet required delivery dates.
- Check and ensure accuracy of work/ activity being transacted by warehouse operatives.
- Effective communication/ liaison with sales and manufacturing teams to highlight and resolve shortages of required products.
- Effective communication/ liaison with transport team to ensure timing of transport bookings is aligned with delivery of packaged product.
- Ensure stock integrity through enforcing disciplined and rigorous movement procedures and managing and implementing effective Perpetual Inventory controls.
- Attend team meetings to discuss and organise daily workload.
- Ensure rigorous compliance with company ISO procedures.
- Ensure rigorous compliance with company Health & Safety procedures.
Qualifications/ Knowledge & Skills Required
- Ability to work under demanding timescales in a very pressurised environment.
- Ability to effectively manage own time to achieve hard deadlines.
- Prior experience in a warehouse environment preferred.
- Computer literate and significant experience of computer based warehouse/ stock systems.
- Logical approach to issue resolution.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues.
- Based BD4
- Working in the warehouse offices, total site is 250,000 sqft
- 39 hours per week, potentially overtime available during the busy periods
- Hours are 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Thursday, with an earlier finish on Friday