- £35,000 - £45,000 Per Year
- Full Time
- Date Posted: 9th November 2018
- Reference: 65431
Compass are currently recruiting for a QS on behalf of a growing Construction Contractor based in Halifax. The company get involved with various refurbishment and new build projects with the residential, commercial, industrial and leisure sectors.
This role will have you working within a small commercial team, playing a vital part in the delivery of their projects. They have a relaxed, friendly office atmosphere creating an ideal place to work.
This is an excellent opportunity for a QS with 4+ years experience within the Construction industry, ideally for a main contractor, to take the next step in their career.
In this role you will:
- Reviewing drawings, specifications, cost plans and contractors proposals.
- Completing take offs, preparing schedules of works, subcontract enquiries, quotation comparisons.
- Investigating value engineering opportunities.
- Negotiating and preparing subcontract orders.
- Preparing valuations, reviewing and processing applications for payment.
- Preparing quotations for client variations.
- Preparing and agreeing final accounts both with clients and subcontractors.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook is essential.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications is essential.
- Predominantly based out of our Halifax office although will be expected to visit sites on a national level.
- Qualifications (HND, HNC BSc etc) would be beneficial but not essential.