- Full Time
- Date Posted: 8th January 2019
- Reference: 899732
Compass are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor, to work for a growing fit-out contractor, based in Bradford. The company has an enviable reputation for their innovative ideas and the quality of their work, which has led to a strong customer base.
Our client work on a range of projects primarily within the retail and commercial sectors, however, they are currently broadening their client base and are delivering projects, successfully, within the education, leisure and healthcare sectors, making this a great time to join a growing business.
- Cost Control of a number of live projects
- Control of the projects starts at the very beginning from putting together the initial estimate through to final account.
- Regular communication with clients in regards to live projects.
- Provide regular assistance to other members of the Commercial team.
- Attend Tender Adjudication Meetings.
- Ensure that Tenders are submitted accurately, efficiently and with the correct costs and related mark-up.
- Engage with key stakeholders including Directors, administration, operations and in particular the accounts departments.
- To manage project and commercial risk, ensuring that financial performance meets or exceeds our own targets.
- Protect the Commercial portion of the company at all times by ensuring that Applications for Payment and Final Accounts are submitted at the minimum levels permitted under the contract, ensuring that these are maximised and that timely payments are received assisting the companies cash flow requirements.
- To play a pivotal role in minimising cost and maximising profitability for the business by working to our agreed process/procedures and approaching this function on the basis of continual improvement.
- Maintain effective relationships with client QS.