- Dukinfield, Manchester
- Full Time
- Date Posted: 10th January 2019
- Reference: 899332
Compass Resourcing are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor for our client to work as part of a collaborative and integrated team with the Contracts Manager and Site Manager to successfully deliver projects, with a consistent focus on time and costs. The Quantity Surveyor will provide commercial/cost control advice at all stages of the construction process and provide practical advice to delivery team colleagues on contractual matters. They will ensure timely procurement, robust cost management, and complete commercial closure or allocated projects.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Ensuring that commercial standards and practice on the project are robust and financial reporting and forecasting reflects the most up to date position
- Understanding and maintaining contract documentation and advising the delivery team on pre tender and post contract matters.
- Procurement of sub-contract packages in accordance with the company buying procedure and ensuring all contractual obligations and risks are properly transferred.
- Preparation and issue of contractual notices and letters which promote early intervention and seek to resolve problems and minimise disputes and claims
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholoders on project cost and time matters
- Management of subcontract documentation, from enquiry procurement, order, valuation, and final account management
- Cash flow forecasting
- Completion and monitoring of contract budget and contract contribution
- Preparation and submission of interim valuations, secure timely certification of amounts due and process for earliest issue invoices to cover all monies due
- Control the measurement and valuation of work that you are responsible for on the project.
- Ensuring that the preparation, negotiation and agreement of interim valuations, sub-contractors’ accounts and final accounts are carried out effectively and consistently
The ideal candidates will have a proven background in cost control and commercial management of new build housing for a main contractor. You will be able to demonstrate an ability to develop and maintain productive stakeholder relationships, have strong numeric and analytical skills, be commercially astute and demonstrate an ability to manage costs. Strong IT skills are essential, along with experience of using an industry standard invoicing and accounts software .
In return you will receive a competitive basic salary plus:
· Car Allowance
· 25 days holiday
· Healthcare Cashplan
· Life Assurance