- Full Time
- Date Posted: 31st January 2019
- Reference: 859286
Compass Resourcing are currently searching for a skilled and confident Quantity Surveyor to join our clients expanding Commercial team in their Preston office. Our client are a main contractor who pride their work within the build and refurb of Commercial, Education, Health, Residential and Leisure sectors.
- Undertake all commercial and contractual requirements on the designated projects in accordance with the company procedures and processes, ensuring sound financial performance including profitability, cashflow, and managing risks and opportunities.
- Preparation of accurate and detailed monthly cost reports for review with the Managing Quantity Surveyor
- Good working knowledge and application of Main Contract and Sub-Contract Forms and Standard Method of Measurement
- Preparing and agreeing Monthly Valuations, including valuing variations and forecast final account
- Appointment of Subcontractors in accordance with Company Procedures, including procurement and account management including valuations, payment notices and agreement of final accounts
- To work closely with Contracts Management to ensure all required site records and correspondence are completed in accordance with the specific Contract requirements and Company Procedures.
- Maintain close working relationship with the client and design team to assist in the success of the project
- Liaise with Contracts Management to review and monitor project costs whilst achieving high standards of quality and health and safety.
- Devise and implement strategies to maintain or exceed the company objectives discussing ideas with the Managing Quantity Surveyor
- Provide project specific feedback to Estimating / Buying / Planning as appropriate
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of the Quantity Surveying process gained with a number of years relevant contracting experience from working on numerous varied construction projects
- Strong commercial acumen
- Good working knowledge of construction methods and materials and their commercial implications
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Good numeracy & IT skills
- Ability to carry out the role independently on a number of projects, with more technical / complex tasks reviewed with Managing Quantity Surveyor
- Good attention to detail; methodical and organised
- Communicate and liaise with all staff to provide a teamwork approach to problem solving and carrying out tasks
- Good understanding of project management methods and the ability to influence project specific procedures with Contracts Management
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Comfortable with deadlines and able to co-ordinate activities effectively to meet required deadlines
- Awareness of the Divisions Business Plan and ability to promote the business to others
- Be a good role model to staff in respect of personal and professional conduct
- Undertake Training Seminars / CPD as appropriate to keep upto date with relevant industry practices