Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
- Full Time
- Date Posted: 1st August 2018
- Reference: 899164
Compass are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor / Estimator, to work for a growing fit-out contractor, based in the North of England. The company has a great reputation for their innovative ideas and the quality of their projects which has led to a strong customer base. They work on a range of projects within the retail, educational, leisure, commercial and healthcare sectors, up to the value of £6m.
- Cost Control of a number of fashion retail/fit out projects
- Control of the projects starts at the very beginning from putting together the initial estimate through to final account.
- Regular communication with clients in regards to live projects.
- Provide regular assistance to other members of the Commercial team.
- Attend Tender Adjudication Meetings.
- Ensure that Tenders are submitted accurately, efficiently and with the correct costs and related mark-up.
- Management of all incoming Tenders and also Tenders to be prepared where works have been pre-allocated.
- Engage with key stakeholders including Directors, administration, operations and in particular the accounts departments.
- To manage project and commercial risk, ensuring that financial performance meets or exceeds our own targets.
- Protect the Commercial portion of the company at all times by ensuring that Applications for Payment and Final Accounts are submitted at the minimum levels permitted under the contract, ensuring that these are maximised and that timely payments are received assisting the companies cash flow requirements.
- To provide guidance and support during the Tender process on issues including contract conditions, Scope of Works, insufficient detail which should be brought to the attention of the Managing Director.
- To play a pivotal role in minimising cost and maximising profitability for the business by working to our agreed process/procedures and approaching this function on the basis of continual improvement.
- Maintain effective relationships with client QS.