Quantity Surveyor / SQS
- Full Time
- Date Posted: 17th January 2019
- Reference: 899512
A reputable house builder is currently searching for a QS with a significant proportion of house building experience to join their commercial team in their North West office.
Our client owns and manages a commercial property portfolio of £1billion and is currently building more than 600 homes a year in the UK, and is searching for reputable QS to be a part of this forward thinking, fast flowing team - could this be you? Their live and successful sites are scattered across the North West – South Cumbria, West Lancs and North Lancs usually and are continually growing them year by year. You would be expected to run multiple sites at one time, but not with the added stress that some contractors put on you.
They would be looking for a QS who would be willing to travel to their office in Lytham St Annes initially, but then travel to their office in Preston when they successfully complete their office move. Also, if you have a genuine passion for building new build houses and want to join a company that cares about their employees development and success, then you have found the right role here.
Duties will include:
- Preparing, settling and agreeing monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Monitor and control of cash flow.
- Procurement of labour.
- Sub-contractor procurement.
- Procurement of materials.
- Placing orders and negotiating terms to achieve the most profitable outcome for the company and the best possible lead time.
- Subcontractor payments.
- Report on savings and excesses against budgeted cost on a bi-monthly basis.